Example: Interactive Fiction (1.2)
The format is the same as a regular custom deck, with additional text to define available buttons and jump locations.
Example (title and options cards)
The Secret of Little Rapa\\a work of interactive fiction\\\Matt Sephton\2023 system,game,#999
- The first two lines are always the Title card, and the (hidden) options card.
- Font choice for games will always default to system, regardless of what is set in the text.
- Colour can be defined pre-deck, or per-card, as 3 or 6 digit HEX (or 4 or 7 if you include alpha).
- Line breaks can be inserted as \ (a single backslash).
Example (button definition)
BEACH: ⬆️ FOREST ➡️ + ⬇️ + ⬅️ + Ⓐ + 🎨 #FAB 🔔 clap
BEACHis the label of the current line
:is the start of the button definition
⬆️ ➡️ ⬇️ ⬅️ Ⓐare the available buttons on that card
- followed by either
LABEL(jump to label),
number(jump to line, perhaps less useful)
- in this example d-pad up jumps to the
🎨and the following
#FABcode define the colour for that card
- there is a special colour
#000which is a colour-cycling rainbow
🔔MP3 sounds can be triggered by filename
- there is one built-in sound:
Example (main cards)
*Welcome, traveller!*\\This deck demonstrates how\a simple _Interactive Fiction_ game\can be played using Strategies\\*Controls* ✛ Ⓐ \\START: + 🎨 #EEE *You find yourself laying on\a beach of golden sand.*\\GOTO: ⬆️ BEACH ➡️ + ⬇️ + ⬅️ + 🎨 #ffd32c *The beach seems to go on forever,\every direction looks the same.*\\BEACH: ⬆️ + ⬇️ - ➡️ - ⬅️ - 🎨 #ffd142 *Upon entering a lush green forest,\you can hear running water.*\\GOTO: ⬆️ FOREST ➡️ + ⬇️ + ⬅️ + 🎨 #0A4C *The forest seems to go on forever,\every tree looks the same.*\\FOREST: ⬆️ + ⬇️ - ➡️ - ⬅️ - 🎨 #093C *A small stream blocks your way, at one\point it seems narrow enough to cross,.*\\GOTO: ⬆️ - ⬇️ - ➡️ + ⬅️ - 🎨 #07A8 *You climb the hill; the higher you go\the more difficult it is to breathe.*\\GOTO: ⬆️ + 🎨 #2A8C ...
Get Strategies for Playdate
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.