Bought this just for Kuranku alone. I really would love to see a full version of Kuru Kuru Kranku. I absolutely love that series and would gladly pay for it on PlayDate!
Prototypes for Playdate
A downloadable game
Some are "playable" to a degree, but they are not full games:
- Crank Ski (crank controls)
- Kuranku (dodgy collision detection)
- Mancala (random cpu skill)
- Rotator (crank to aim and buttons to move)
- Zen (crank to aim, a/b to rake, d-pad to move)
Others are technical demos:
- Band-kun (mockup of map screen & user interface)
- Shadow (technical demo for shade of grey)
- Sparrow Solitaire (shuffle and deal only)
Games taken on by other developers:
- Sparrow Solitaire (with Mac Vogelsang, @Vogelscript)
Most of my future prototypes will end up in this collection.
Further information in my thread on the Playdate Dev Forum.
If you're a developer and want to continue one of these prototypes, get in touch! Leave a comment or DM me @gingerbeardman on twitter.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thanks! I’m a huge fan of all 3 games in the series.
I stopped with the Kuranku game because I needed to think how I could take advantage of Playdate features in the game.
Eventually I did come up with some ideas for gameplay and even a innovative way to do level creator, so now it’s finding the time to do it.
I still have reservations of trying to remake a near-perfect game. We’ll see!