A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
This is an in-development Curling game that displays in a tall window. I play it on a rotated 24" display in portrait orientation running at 1200x1920. The taller your display the longer the window and play area.
Note: playing on a less tall display will mean the game runs faster in a smaller window.
Use the cursors to play (space bar is optional). Some controls are only available when the rock is within certain sections of the ice, as per official rules.
- up/space = add power
- left/right (whilst adding power) = adjust aim/heading
- left/right (whilst not adding power) = adjust curl
- down (after rock is past red hog line) = sweep in front of rock
How to play
- Hold up/space to set power
- Whilst powering, adjust aim
- After powering, set curl
- Once the rock passes the red hog line, you can sweep
(causes rock to move quicker and be less affected by curl, slightly)
- Closest team and number of rocks are shown
- Winner is shown after 16 rocks
- Game resets after 16 rocks
- aim is to honour official rules and regulations
(see Curling Canada website)
- accurate physics
- tournament structure
- working on size display
- CPU rocks are currently added randomly before every player turn
- no visualisation of CPU turn power/aim/curl
- physics scaled only for display with portrait orientation, 16:9 aspect, non-retina display (window height ~1850px)
- playing on a display less tall will result in a faster game
- if you move the window onto a display that is less tall you'll see the shot values at the top of the screen but won't be able to see your rock until it's nearing the tee
- ...may well be broken in other ways!
How tall is this window!?
Downloading and running
- Download and install Love2D for your computer
- Download the game, itch will give you a .love.zip file
- Rename the downloaded .love.zip to just .love
- Double click the .love file to launch it in Love2D
Apologies for the hassle!
Click download now to get access to the following files: